CLC Lockdown Photography Competition
Over the Christmas holidays, students and Guild members were invited to take a photograph that represented their Christmas during the Covid-19 pandemic. With the introduction of a second UK lockdown in January, Covid-19 continues to affect us all and keep us physically apart. As a result, it was decided that the photography competition be extended by six weeks and CLC staff have also been invited to share their photos of life in lockdown.
The new deadline for submissions is 21st February 2021.
With the help of SFC1 students, three themes were identified to inspire our whole-school photography competition:
- The Space Between Us (single image)
- Weird is Wonderful (single image)
- The Covid-19 Diaries (photo sequence up to five images)
The winning entries will form a digital exhibition of up to 15 photographs selected by three panels, to include our SFC1 volunteers, CLC staff, Guild members and special guests. This exhibition will be screened in College in the Summer Term and will be included in a Prayers led by the Principal.
One photograph from each theme and three photographs of special mention will be selected to be printed, framed and exhibited in the Parabola Arts Centre.
Who can participate in the project?
We would like to invite our current CLC girls, our staff and Guild Members to submit a photograph or sequence of images. The photograph can be taken by you and must be submitted under your own name
How to submit your photograph
- Photographs can be taken on any personal device such as an iphone, ipad, android phone or media pad or on a digital camera
- Photographs sent should be less that 20mb
- Photographs should be saved in JPG format
- Submit your photograph (or 5 if responding to The Covid Diaries) to the email address that fits the theme you have chosen (email addresses below)
- Make sure you use the following in the email subject line:
- Surname/first name/current year group or year you graduated if a Guild Member, or include your staff title.
- Photographs should be sent via email & according to the theme you have chosen:
IMPORTANT. By submitting your photograph you are giving permission to CLC to use that image within a digital montage for presentation within College and for circulation within the CLC community. Images will not be shared externally without further permission being sought. Please do not submit a photograph without the permission of the people included in your photograph.
Please check you have followed the “How to submit your photograph” guidance above.
What will the outcome of the photography project be?
We will produce a digital exhibition of up to 15 photographs selected by three panels, one per theme) to include our SFC1 volunteers, CLC staff, Guild Members and special guests. This exhibition will be screened in College in the Summer term 2021 and be included in a Prayers led by the Principal.
One photograph from each theme and three photographs of special mention will be selected to be printed, framed and exhibited in the PAC.