Inspire Awards - Nominations wanted
The purpose of these awards is to inspire Guild members and CLC students by acknowledging and highlighting the contributions made to society by the varied and talented membership of Guild.
The awards will be inclusive and diversified. Nominees must have made a significant impact in their field or contributed in a distinctive way to improve the lot of those less able to help themselves. Awards will be given to members who have gone above and beyond, not just for doing their jobs.
Nominees may have:
- overcome personal adversity
- championed a charitable cause
- achieved outstanding academic or professional success with significant benefit to the community
- driven environmental or social change
- been a pioneer or achieved success in a challenging field with societal benefits.
Two awards will be made: one for members aged 30 and under and one for those over 30.
Nominations can be made by:
- individual Guild or Honorary members
- members of the GEC sub-committee.
These two streams of nominations mean that the process will be inclusive and we shall be able to recognise a wide range of achievements.
NOMINATIONS CLOSE AT MIDNIGHT ON SATURDAY 31ST JULY, 2021
After nominations close on 31st July, a selection panel will shortlist candidates before all Guild members will be eligible to vote between end of August and 24th September, 2021.
Winners will be announced in The Slab in the autumn.
If they are being acknowledged for their charitable or community work, the winners will be awarded a prize to donate to a charity of their choice.
Nominations are now open. Please use this short online form (click the link below).
SUBMIT A NOMINATION
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- the nominated Guild or Honorary Guild member must be over the age of 18
- the award is open only to living Guild and Honorary Guild members
- the nominator must have the consent of the Guild/Honorary Guild member being nominated and permission to provide their email address to the Guild Office
- the nominees must agree that if they are successful in being shortlisted they consent to publicity relating to the award
- nominations for active serving politicians at international, national or local level will be considered only under very exceptional circumstances. In addition, nominations of alumnae or Honorary Guild members who are current members of CLC staff are not eligible.